Monday, October 10, 2011

Homecoming Parade

Look at us, walking down the street.  Are you not entertained?

Parades have never been something I've ever really enjoyed.  I believe they're something that used to be entertaining, before TV, VCRs, 8-Tracks, CDs, computers, DVDs, video games, HDTV, cell phones, and smart phones, but now are merely a relic of times gone by.  This parade, however, was AWESOME!  And, once again, it was my sister, Eden, who was the catalyst. 

Let's start with the Junior Class and their float preparation for the big day:

"Pummel Pulaski"  Ahhhhh.  I see what you did there.
Not everyone was working hard:

Click on the picture to animate.
Very nice, Lexie.  Very nice indeed.  Enough of this prep, let's just get to the Parade.



Cool band member?
Anna repped the pommers in row 1.
I give the JV tennis team credit for having a float.  But they don't get any more credit.  Look at that float!
Ummmm, hard to be afraid of someone in a tutu, even if she has a sword.
The Sophomore Class went big with the U.S. Manty(won).  Again, I see what you did there.
Yeah!  Here comes the Junior Class float!
Yes, that IS Eden in an Abe Lincoln outfit.  Baby Kayla is playing the part of the Red Raider.  Seidl is the referee who isn't paying attention to the action (just like the refs for the football game!)
Seidl is explaining to Eden that she's gotta pummel Pulaski.  Baby Kayla wanted none of that.
When I found out Eden was the one dressed up as Abe, I actually got giddy.  There was NO WAY she was making it through this parade without doing something totally awesome.  With the help of Baby Kayla's left hook, she did just that.

(Click on the picture to laugh your ass off).
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Let's see that again.

(Yep, one more time).
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  OMG that was great!  How about a couple of stills?

I have no words.
We can laugh because she was laughing, even as she was falling down.
OK, enough with the Junior Class.  How about the 1st-place float-winning Senior Class?

Hmmmm.  I think they spent more than one night in a garage on this one.
Is that a Hall driving?  LOOK OUT!
"This is so awesome."  "Yeah, this is so awesome."  "Yeah, we are so awesome."  "Yeah, we are so awesome."
I liked this one a lot.  Leave it to the nerds (as a huge nerd myself, I say that affectionately) to build something cool.
Your Highnesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment